Life Coach & Adoptive Family Support Coach
Family Support Coaching is for adoptive, foster, or other challenged families. These families can be challenged in adopting, fostering, or in a regular biological intact or broken family.
The common thread in all these types of families is that these families are not prepared for what happens when a new child comes into their family, or temporarily is placed in the family, or circumstances in a families' life have created disorder and confusion. They are many times at a loss as to where to turn for information and support on special needs for the child in school, counseling, testing and how to deal with behavior problems.
Many of these kids who have had trauma in their life are diagnosed with:
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder (BP)
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
Traumatized children [in their quest to survive] often demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Extreme urge to control others (bossiness)
- Too much OR too little affection
- Lack of cooperation (especially with mothers)
- Overly friendly with strangers
- Emotional isolation
- Inappropriate attention seeking
- Feelings of high shame / lack of empathy for others
- Food hoarding
I understand the feeling of hopelessness and depression a family can have when a child with a trauma background is your child.
You need support. I would like to help you.
I work with a sliding scale rate. Call 505.577.8130 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org